Sunday, August 26, 2007

Margaret's Dream

I'm swimming all alone in a pool of darkness and I feel like darkness is pulling me under. I yell for help but no-one is there to hear it. I begin to see the water at eye-level and I kick and flail fighting to stay above the darkness. But the darkness won't let go of its hold on me and slowly I begin to give in to the feeling that lies below the water line. The water starts to fill my lungs - the lungs that once held so much life yet now they allow the mucky water to replace that. I knew that this path doesn't lead to happiness. But why doesn't someone grab my hand and pull me from the darkness. No-one knows I stand at the boundary between light and dark. So I give in to the thing that holds me - my heart can't save me from the water, so I slowly slip below the world consciousness unaided by the people of the world. I don't want to fight any more. I will give in to the darkness.

No comments: